Last Updated on
There are hundreds of travel images from all over the world on this site. All of these images were taken by Jenny McIver and hold her copyright and that of the Round the World in 30 Days, LLC. That said, the goal of this site is to inspire people to travel the world and we love for our photos to be shared in the spirit of that goal.
Round the World in 30 Days allows the use of Jenny’s images in the following ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you may:
- Share: Copy, Distribute and Transmit the image
- Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
But only under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Jenny McIver and Round the World in 30 Days (RTWin30Days.com) must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Uses:
- Blog post describing a trip to Thailand
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of Round-the-World travel
- A website for a school project or charitable organization
- Desktop background on an individual’s computer monitor
- Social media sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
License to Copyright
“Commercial Use” regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted in writing by Round the World in 30 Days. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee that is based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, audience size, exposure
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – home page, interior page, 1/2 page, 1/4 page, etc.
Sample Commercial Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a non-profit entity
- A travel agency or hotel website
- A background image for a travel-related website
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
Image searches for all copyrighted images on this site are performed regularly and in all instances of unapproved use, the website owner will be invoiced for the appropriate licensing fee.
All licensing inquiries should be directed to: licensing@RTWin30days.com